But the good thing is this... If you want it bad enough, you will do it. It takes commitment to yourself to heal your body from the inside out. I mentioned a couple of posts ago that I was inspired by a "Defender of the United States" and that she had recommended several tools that have helped us along these past three weeks. I've done a lot of reading on my own, scouring websites, reading forum posts, and taking in what I am experiencing as my body changes with what I eat. I'm committed to making me... better.
Things I know...
1. I do not need creamer with my coffee. I love it, but I don't need it. And I've failed miserably this past week, and have had it every. single. day. Today I found a recipe that I am going to try out. You can find it HERE. I'm not too sure about the eggs, but since I use them in the homemade mayo I make... it's probably okay.
2. I love cucumbers. But not every meal. every day. Yes, I got burned out eating them with every meal and snack. I like them with vinegar, and I like them plain. Once a day is plenty.
3. I don't NEED to have chocolate. I've made several smoothies for the boys, and even a chocolate dessert, and didn't have one lick. Not. One. That goes for even those times that I had Nutella on my finger. J bought dark chocolate Dove candies for me yesterday, for a "just in case I want a sweet treat". They went out of sight, out of mind.
4. I don't NEED cheese. In fact, my stomach thanks me. I'm not bound up because of it. Do I miss it? Sure. I was a cheese eating fool. Especially Mozzarella sticks from Frigo. Love. Them. Will I eat cheese again? Maybe. I love Feta/Blue. I'm not looking at gnawing on a block of cheddar any time soon, though.
5. Squats won't kill me. And if you do them correctly, then your @$$ might eventually look good. Here, Dan John tells of the proper way to squat. I use a kettlebell for added core workout, and weight stability. I use a kettlebell for all of my workouts. You can find FREE workouts on FITNESSBLENDER. Did I mention It's FREE?? And this isn't just for squats. They are FULL workouts that train HIIT. (High-intensity Interval Training) View the squat challenge HERE.
6. You don't need to do abs every. single. day. You CAN NOT spot reduce. Fat loss doesn't work that way. Just like other muscles in your body, they need a day
And last but not least...
7. Three weeks ago I couldn't put my arms behind my back. I would have died trying to scratch the middle of my back