Thursday, January 3, 2013

Making Trash Pretty

Okay, at least the trash bin can be a pretty color.

As I stated yesterday, there are many projects that I would like to get done. Getting our home put together means completing projects I've started instead of having J think it's just crap stuff hanging out around the house. I have been pretty busy already. Let's take a look at the first thing that was on my plate today.

On New Years Day, we decided to finally stack the washer and dryer. When we were in the process of building the house, I had specifically requested that the laundry area be built to accommodate such an idea. Instead, this is what we were given.

Pretty unsightly, yes?

We will be putting cupboards up at some point, but for now, at least they are stacked and we have so much more room for crap bargains I find at Goodwill or online community sales. Joking, of course! I did have this nifty red garbage can that I picked up at the big dot super store awhile ago for only $2! We had been using it in the laundry room, but it's quite UGLY. Hot tamale red just isn't doing it for me.
I decided to spruce it up a bit with all the energy I seem to have today. Maybe I shouldn't have taken that Hydroxy-Cut MAX this morning.
I used some left over spray paint that I got at the big blue hardware store last fall. Looks pretty good, doesn't it?

I also added three felt sticky circles to the bottom so it would no longer scratch up the floor. I don't know if it was ACTUALLY scratching the floor, but every time I would hear someone move it, I cringed. It was like nails on a chalk board.

And that, my friends, is a hint to what my next project is that I will be working on. So come back tomorrow and see what I came up with!

Until then, thanks for stopping by!

Miss T
 

3 comments:

Thank you for stopping by and commenting! Your comment will be posted shortly!