Monday, January 7, 2013

Peanut Butter, Banana, & Nutella Smoothie

Hey there! I hope you had a great weekend! It seemed like it went by so fast. We de-decorated the office, taking down all the Christmas stuff. J made it known that the room now looks really boring. I would have to agree. With just the two desks, the large chalkboard, and a couple decorative suitcases it is BORING. Thankfully, I spent ALL that time on pinterest this weekend, cleaning out my like files, and found a tutorial on how to make subway art on my own. I'll mess around with that later this week. For now, I've got a scrumdiddlyumptious smoothie recipe for you.

Yesterday afternoon I was feeling a bit hungry. It wasn't because I was bored. (I was on pinterest, remember.)  And I'd already had a glass of water to see if that would satisfy this nagging feeling in my stomach. After rummaging through the cupboards to see if I could round anything up that was halfway healthy, I was reminded of my cousin, Kate, who told me about a smoothie she had.  If you can operate a blender, this one is for you!

Peanut Butter, Banana, & Nutella Smoothie

1 c of whichever Milk product you prefer. I used 2%, but would consider Silk Coconut
1 frozen banana
1.5 tbs of peanut butter - I used Skippy Natural
1.5 tbs of Nutella
1 handful of frozen grapes

I put the ingredients into the Vitamix in that exact order. (We have a Vitamix, but I have used a regular blender, Ninja, and Magic Bullet for most of the smoothies we have made.)




I started on 1 and slowly cranked it up to 10, blending for about 30 seconds. For those of you that have a vitamix, you won't want to go much longer than that.

When it starts to fold in on all sides, I usually let it go for about 4 seconds more and turn it back down to 1 and shut off the machine.
  YUM!! So rich and creamy!
Now, mind you... I said halfway healthy, not calorie free. It does have about 400 calories, but for a breakfast, lunch or dinner meal that isn't too bad. I had it again for breakfast this morning. If you try it out, let me know how you liked it. {And thanks, Kate, for the great idea!}

I'm outta here. Have a great week!

Miss T  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and commenting! Your comment will be posted shortly!